Despite my determination to post every single week, it's been a whole month since my last post on this blog.
For shame Juliana!
In the meantime, I made a wedding dress, sewed three other dresses for weddings, attended a wedding in one of those dresses, and my dear mother came all the way from her home in the Blue Ridge Mountains to stay with me for a week and we made new flower beds and fixed up old ones. She has a well-developed green thumb and I have high hopes for my back yard in a few months. It was wonderful.
Now that all that is taken care of I've turned my focus back to my blog. At the moment I'm the only person working on it, trying to figure out everything that needs doing and then doing it. Every time I think I've accomplished the bare minimum of what needs to be done I always find something I should've set in place from the start. Oops.
Cookies and Web Beacons
I tried to use a similar generator for the disclosure policy but the website was having problems, so the next section in my own words will have to suffice.
A disclosure policy is required by the FTC if you're making money on your blog.
Oh the good old Federal Trade Commission, they're terrified you'll feel taken advantage of. In other words, I'm required to tell you when I'm getting paid to write stuff. But I'm not actually getting paid to write stuff.
Now, I'm having a great time with this fun little blog, money or not, but it's also a fascinating challenge that I'm determined to put my best into. Someday I'd like to see it pay back the time I'm putting into it. Right now I feel stubborn, determined and in it for the long haul unless something very drastic happens .
Drastic like.....if I were told I'm going to have triplets. The next day my blog would be gone. Poof! Ka-boom!
Though that WOULD make for some interesting blog posts....
Now that I've proven my rambling abilities, lets move on to the actual disclaimers.
- I'm an approved Amazon affiliate. If you click on any of these Amazon links, or any Amazon links throughout my blog. I'll get a very small percentage of what you buy within the next 24 hours. Your price will not change, and your convenience will only increase. I'll include another link at the end of the page so that when you're done reading you can click through and buy a big screen TV or expensive mattress or something. Many thanks!
And here's the official jargon for what I just said above: Yet Another DIY Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Blah blah...
- I have some Adsense ads on my blog. They haven't yet made me a full dollar, and I don't know what I'm doing with them, but there they are. If I suddenly get lots of traffic and know better how to optimize them I will make an extremely small percentage from them. Maybe I'll take them away, maybe I'll add more, but if they ever start getting annoying, please do tell me! Click here to let me know they're annoying.
- I have yet to do any sponsored posts but if offered the chance I will probably accept. However, all efforts will be made to be honest and transparent and if I don't think you would find it interesting or useful, I just won't do it.
- I've not been offered any free products to review, but if offered something I personally would use, or think you would like or use, I will accept the product and review it. Speaking only the truth and my honest opinions of course. And if possible I'll get something to give away to you, my dear reader.
- In conclusion, if at any time along my blogging journey I see some way I can make money at no inconvenience to you.....I will do so. Unless it requires dishonesty or illegal things, then I will not do so.
There it is.
And now that we've covered the legal stuff, below is another Amazon link just for you. Go forth and shop! 🙂